My Style Inspiration....The wonderful Zooey

Hey, thought I'd let you all into a little secret about my style crush, style idol or style inspiration. Not really that sure what to call her but she is my dream fashion icon, that's it....Zooey Deschanel is my Fashion Icon!!

I've been following Zooey for a couple of years now in fact from the time that she was in Yes Man, as soon as she was stood singing in the bar Jim Carrey walks into that was it...from her voice, her style and her presence. At that time I was blonde and even contemplated the next day going brunette. It took a bit longer than a day but now I am actually dark with a fringe.

After a bit of research I soon realised that myself and Zooey are not that far apart (obviously our wages are different!) but our stats are very similar.

Birth Year - Zooey, 1980. Me, 1980

Height - Zooey, 5ft 6". Me, 5ft 6"

Weight - Zooey 125lbs. Me 130lbs (nearly half a stone out but I'm blaming the bangers and mash! Haha)

For quite a while now and with the introduction of Zooey as 'Jess' in New Girl, Zooey has blessed our screens for a couple of years spreading her vintage, retro and sometimes very quirky style to the world and all I can say is AMEN to that she is an inspiration to girls and women around the world and it just proves you don't have to show too much flesh, be too skinny or exploit yourself to get noticed as what can only be described as a beautiful woman.

Over the next few weeks I will be trying to recreate some Zooey looks using high street brands and obviously because it's me some charity shop bargains as well.

These are just a few of my favourite snaps of Zooey. (taken from google images, thank you)

Thank you for taking the time to have a read of my blog post and please feel free to leave any comments always nice to hear from people.

YP XX

Comments

  1. I love Zooey's style. She's a bit of an icon to me too! I want her entire wardrobe from (500)Days of Summer and the ability to pull off her quirky cute style. I even got my hair cut like her too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sarah!
      She's a total natural beauty and soooo real think that's what makes me such a fan.
      Imagine having her entire wardrobe?! Now that would be a dream come true :)
      Thanks again for reading.
      Em
      Xx

      Delete
  2. First saw her in The Tin Man (I think that was the one anyway, playing Dorothy). Been in love with her ever since. Sooo envious of her looks :-) Looking forward to your recreations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for you comment Gail :)
      Not sure I've seen the Tin Man? going to see if I can get hold of it.
      I can't wait to do the recreations either just hope that I can pull the off haha.
      Thanks again
      Em
      Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi my lovely reader just to say thanks for leaving a comment! I always love a good comment lets you know what your harping on about is the right stuff. You take care now you lovely person you xxx